DarkThrone Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any help for a noobie buying a new pc? :)

+2
AloN
trash
6 posters

Go down

any help for a noobie buying a new pc? :) Empty any help for a noobie buying a new pc? :)

Post  trash Fri Mar 07 2008, 05:52

hiho Smile

i've been having lots of pc problems lately so i've decided to buy a new one. i think i've decided on the one i want but my only worry is, it has windows vista on it. i'm kinda scared to try that. i'm familiar with xp only and have always been happy with it. anyone have any experience with vista? any problems with kal on vista? i think kal only runs with the 32 bit version?
i think i'll just go ahead and order it this weekend unless anyone says to definately stay away from it.

thanks Smile
trash
trash

Back to top Go down

any help for a noobie buying a new pc? :) Empty Re: any help for a noobie buying a new pc? :)

Post  AloN Fri Mar 07 2008, 06:19

Try to order with xp available on it. I was computer shopping also and noticed I had a choice from xp or vista.

vista is still not very user friendly, many bugs and not compatible with some things still.

AloN

Back to top Go down

any help for a noobie buying a new pc? :) Empty i'm noobie too

Post  hewij Fri Mar 07 2008, 13:27

Sry can't help U, but ask Saam or Rumburak they are good in that stuff....and btw that fish is trout:>
hewij
hewij

Back to top Go down

any help for a noobie buying a new pc? :) Empty Re: any help for a noobie buying a new pc? :)

Post  trix Fri Mar 07 2008, 15:38

trash, dont be scare if u buy new pc with windows vista, i think kal is working nomal on vista as i heared, but if u dont like the vista mode just format pc and install windows xp. My laptop got vista to on it when i buy it and firt what i make whas put win xp cd in install win xp :PPP
trix
trix
Admin

http://darkthrone.biz.tm/

Back to top Go down

Post  trash Sun Mar 09 2008, 05:58

bought a new comp today Very Happy:D:D it's got vista but really seems pretty simple to use so far. i'm downloading kal atm, so as long as that goes well then i think all my worries will be over cheers cheers cheers
thanks for the help guys Smile
trash
trash

Back to top Go down

Post  trash Sun Mar 09 2008, 12:59

eek! it was a little ugly there for a minute. thought this new pc was gonna go out the window hahaha. it kept having problems decompressing some file and then started telling me there was a problem with the anti-hack. grrrrrrrr finally figured out if i right click on it and "run as administrator" (whatever the hell that means) it works just fine Smile seems crazy but i'm online so i'm not gonna complain Very Happy:D:D

only thing i need to figure out now is how to switch it to window mode. i tried the way it works with xp, but no luck with vista. if anybody knows, i'd glady pay you 4 goby for the info Razz hahaha

thanks Smile
trash
trash

Back to top Go down

Post  beavisboss Mon Mar 10 2008, 02:57

I wish to buy pc so fast too;/
beavisboss
beavisboss

Back to top Go down

Post  Ra1nman Tue Mar 11 2008, 10:06

go into your hard drive look for KalOnlineEng ---> System file----> Add MODE_WINDOW=1 save then done.

This is what I found on KalHq, appears to be the same old way.

Others on KalHq say you have to say your administrator each time you start up Kal.
I don't have vista so I'm not certain.

Below is from MATTY

click on ur kalonline folder and go to properties

then security tab

then click under ur username and edit to : allow to all options"

after that trying modifying the system.ini to allow u

to use windows mode agin

Good luck !

Ra1nman

Back to top Go down

Post  trash Wed Mar 12 2008, 02:37

yeah thanks rain Smile i had to do that last part by going into the security tab. works great now Very Happy
trash
trash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum